Tishomingo County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:44, 28 November 2010 by Krikar
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1836--Tishomingo County was created 9 February 1836 from the Chickasaw Cession. County seat: Iuka 
- Colbert County, Alabama
- Franklin County, Alabama
- Hardin County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Alabama
- Civil War service men from Bolivar County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Bolivar County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Johnston's)
- Company H - James Creek Volunteers
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company F - Reason’s Company
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).