Difference between revisions of "Titus County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties T|Counties T]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Titus County''
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties T|Counties T]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Titus County'' <br>
Revision as of 20:24, 15 March 2013
Guide to Titus County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Titus County Courthouse
100 West 1st Street Suite 204
Mt. Pleasant, Texas 75455
County Clerk has birth, marriage death, land,
probate, court and military records from 1895;
District Clerk has divorce records from 1895
1895--Courthouse and all county records were destroyed by fire in September 1895.
Places / Localities
Miller's Cove | Mount Pleasant | Talco | Winfield
Family Group Sheets
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Titus County Vital Records
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Titus County, Texas. Page 674 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).