Todd County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Todd County Courthouse
215 1st Ave S;
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1880,
court records from 1874 and probate records.
County Records has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1867, land records, school census from 1914. 
- 1855--Todd County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass County. County seat: Long Prairie 
- For a brief history of Todd County's name, click here, then select Todd County.
The 1913-1914 Farmer's Directory of Todd County is included in:
- Webb Publishing Co. of St. Paul, MN. Collection of Minnesota County Atlases, #175, Roll 8. St. Paul, MN, USA: Minnesota Historical Society, 1913-1914. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Hendrickson, A.H., O.B. DeLaurier, and John H. Sheets. Todd County, Minnesota, Histories: Containing Reproductions of the Original Histories of Todd County Written by John H. Sheets, A. H. Hendrickson, O. B. DeLaurier. Other Articles of Interest. Long Prairie, Minn.: Todd County Bicentennial Committee, 1976. FHL Large Q Book 977.688 H2.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Todd County, Minnesota page 369, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).