Todd County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Todd County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1909|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Todd County; 200 E 3rd St; Winner, SD 57580; Ph. 605.842.2266 Details: (Though created by legislative act 9 Mar 1909, Todd has never been fully organized. Part of the unorg. Co of Bennett, comprising part of Rosebud Indian Reservation, annexed in 1911; within the limits of Rosebud Indian Reservation. Attached to Lyman & Trip Cos) (Reg of Deeds has m & land rec; Clk Cts has pro & ct rec)
- 1909--Todd County was created 9 March 1909 from Lugenbeel Eliminated 3 Jun. 1909, Meyer Eliminated 3 Jun 1909, and Washabaugh Counties, and unorganized territory.
County seat: Winner 
Rosebud Indian Reservation in located in Todd County.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).