Travis County, Texas Genealogy
|Travis County, Texas|
Location in the state of Texas
Location of Texas in the U.S.
|Founded||January 25, 1840|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Places / Localities
- FindAGrave ~ Transcriptions and partial transcriptions for Travis County cemeteries
- Interment.net ~ Transcriptions and partial transcriptions for Travis County cemeteries (limited list)
- Texas Cemeteries ~ Hidden Ancestors (links to transcriptions and information on most major Texas cemeteries)
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Austin Texas Oak Hills Stake
Austin City Directories, digital books online from The Portal to Texas History:
- Austin, Texas Maps from the Perry-Castenada Library Map collection.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935 ~ FamilySearch records collection
Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997 ~ FamilySearch records collection
Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981 ~ FamilySearch records collection
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Footnote.com ($) has Texas Death Certificates 1890-1976 available online.
Roots, Boots, & Brisket - Annual family history conference co-sponsered by the Austin Texas Oak Hills Stake
Societies and Libraries
- Austin Genealogy Society
- Texas State Library and Archives
- Dolph Briscoe Center for American Studies at the University of Texas at Austin
Family History Centers
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).