Trefoldighet, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Trefoldighet parish was established by a Royal resolution March 22, 1858. It was created partly from an area that had earlier belonged to Vor Frelser parish and partly from an area of Bymarka that had been annexed as part of the city in 1857, previously a part of Aker parish jurisdiction until 1858. The border to Vor Frelser in the south and east went from Grunerbrua through Møllerveien and Fredenborgsveien probably as far as Damstredet, across to the intersection of Ullevålsveien and Nordahl Bruns gate, down to Pilestredet, and up Pilestredet to Adamstuen. Aker parish bordered it on the north and east. The parish border to the west followed the existing city limts from Fagerborg in the north to the ocean, where Niels Juels gate starts, in the south.
A Royal resolution July 10, 1874 divided off the southern part of the parish as Johannes parish. The area between Pilestredet and Fagerborggata was split off and given to Gamle Aker at the same time that Uranienborg parish was established in 1880.
A resolution in 1897 stated that the boundaries for the parish should follow Parkveien from the crossing at Observatoriegata, Drammensveien, Karl Johans gate, Universitetsgata, Kristian 4's gate, Rosenkrantz gate, Pilestredet, Apotekergata, Hospitalsgata, Møllergata, Rosteds gate, Fredensborgveuebm Kroken, Akersveien, the south end of Vor Frelser graveyard, Nordahl Bruns gate, Pilestredet, Oscars gate, Frognerveien and Observatoriegata to Parkveien.
The southwestern part of the parish was split off in 1916 and added to Vor Frelser parish.
A district bordered by Holbergs gate, Stensberggata, Ullevålsveien, Nordahl Bruns gate and Pilestredet were taken from Markus parish and added to Trefoldighet parish in 1938.