Tripp County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Tripp County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 8, 1873|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1873--Tripp County was created 8 January 1873 from Gregory and Todd(old) Counties and unorganized territory.
- County seat: Winner 
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
"Tripp County Centennial 1909-2009", published by Winner Chamber of Commerce Centennial History Committee, 480 pages; history of Tripp County; many biographies of area families.
"Tripp County Rural Schools, 100 Years" compiled by Family Tree Society, Winner, SD, 192 pages; rural school pictures and stories.
"Businesses in Winner, SD from 1910 - 2008, A Tripp County Centennial Project", Keo Boreson, Compiler, August 2009; history of each business building on Main Street of Winner, SD and change of ownership and type of business, 200 pages
"Our Roots are in Wewela", Helen Turnquist, Compiler; 2009; History and maps of Wewela, SD; many old pictures of town, church and school; biographies of families in area; 195 pages
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).