Truro Parish, Virginia
Truro Parish has served Prince William, Loudoun and Fairfax counties. Pohick Church fell within the bounds of Truro Parish. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Truro Parish for a time during the eighteenth century, before it became a part of Fairfax Parish.
- Liddle, Chester A. and Patricia H. Osisek. Families of Pohick Church, Truro Parish, Fairfax County, Virginia. Baltimore, Maryland: Gateway Press, 1991. FHL Collection has original edition and two supplements.
- Hopkins, Margaret Lail and Nancy Hopkins Phillips. The Anglican Parishes of Loudoun County, Virginia, Truro, Cameron, and Shelburne, 1736-1805. Lovettsville, Virginia: Willow Bend Books, 1997. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
- Slaughter, Philip and Edward Lewis Goodwin. History of Truro Parish in Virginia. Philadelphia, PA: George W. Jacobs, 1907. Available at FHL. Digital versions available at Ancestry ($); Family History Archives; Google Books (full-view); and World Vital Records ($).
These records have also been abstracted and indexed:
- Truro Parish and Pohick Church. Minutes of the Vestry, Truro Parish, Virginia, 1732-1785. Lorton, Va.: Pohick Church; Annandale, Va.: Baptie Studios, c1974. Available at FHL.
- Wikipedia Contributors, "Pohick Church," Wikipedia, accessed 1 February 2011.
- "The Falls Church," in National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).