Tucker County, West Virginia Genealogy
Guide to Tucker County West Virginia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tucker County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Tucker County Courthouse
215 1st Street
Parsons, WV 26287
County Clerk has bird, marriage, death since 1856 Clerk Circuit Court has Divorce & Court Records & Naturalization Records
See an interactive map of Tucker County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Tucker County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
- West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Tucker County, West Virginia Will Books 1825 - 1970
- West Virginia Will Books
Online West Virginia Tax site
West Virginia real and personal property tax records are managed by the County Assessor in each county. Land and land improvements are considered real property while mobile property is classified as personal property.
Many County Assessors offer an online searchable database, where assessment record searches can be performed by name, account number, year, or mp/parcel number. Where online records are not available, requests for records can be made to the Assessment Office in person, by phone, or in writing.
The search for tax information can start here
- West Virginia Vital Records - Birth - Death - Marriages. See also How to order West Virginia Vital Records or order electronically online.
. Includes marriages 1856-1969 - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Learning How toEdit our Wiki Sites
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tucker County, West Virginia. Page 746 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).