Tunica County, Mississippi Genealogy
Guide to Tunica County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1836--Tunica County was created 9 February 1936 from the Chickasaw Cession.
County seat: Tunica 
- Crittenden County, Arkansas
- Lee County, Arkansas
- Phillips County, Arkansas
For tips on accessing Tunica County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
Mississippi tax records replace missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information, see Mississippi Taxation.
- 1858-1917 - Tunica County Marriage Books A-F, 5-21 Index 1858-1917 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tunica County, Mississippi page 383, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f2/Igimississippip.pdf.