Turner County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Turner County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 13, 1871|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1871--Turner County was created 13 January 1871 fromLincoln and Jayne, Eliminiated 13 Jan. 1871, Counties.
County seat: Parker 
Various Turner County Cemeteries transcriptions which may include the name, date of death, date of birth, lot and plot number, and parents or spouses names.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).