Union County, Ohio Genealogy
|Union County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Delaware, Franklin, Logan and Madison Counties in 1820).
- County Seat: Marysville
- Neighboring Counties: Union County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Hardin (northwest) · Madison (south) · Logan (west) · Champaign (southwest) · Marion (northeast) · Delaware (east) · Franklin (southeast)
See an interactive map of Union County boundary changes.
- Oakdale Cemetery, Marysville BillionGraves
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War
- Civil War service men from Union County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Union County.
- -1st Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Companies D and K
- -96th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company K, roster
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Links to specific resources for Union County; many are free. www.genealogyinc.com/ohio/union-county/
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).