United States, National Homes For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Collection Time Period
- 2 Record Description
- 3 How to Use the Record
- 4 Record History
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections =
- 8 Sources of Information for This Collection
Collection Time Period
These records cover the years 1866 through 1938.
These are historical registers of residents [a record of veterans admitted] for twelve regional homes. Pages in the registers are divided into four parts for each veteran:
- Military history
- Domestic history
- Home history
- General remarks
Home numbers 1-5064 from the home in Bath, New York, are not currently available.
These records generally include the following information:
- When admitted to home
- Marital status
- Name and address of nearest relative
- Pension information
- Date and cause of death
- Place of burial
How to Use the Record
Why this Record Was Created
This section of the article is incomplete. You can help FamilySearch Wiki by supplying links to related web sites here.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections =
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for citing FamilySearch Historical Collections, including how to cite individual archives is found in the following link: How to Cite FamilySearch Collections
Examples of Source Citations for a Record in This Collection
- United States. Bureau of the Census. 12th census, 1900, digital images, From FamilySearch Internet (www.familysearch.org: September 29, 2006), Arizona Territory, Maricopa, Township 1, East Gila, Salt River Base and Meridian; sheet 9B, line 71
- Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1886-1933, digital images, from FamilySearch Internet (www.familysearch.org: April 22, 2010), Baptism of Adolfo Fernandez Jimenez, 1 Feb. 1910, San Pedro Apóstol, Cuahimalpa, Distrito Federal, Mexico, film number 0227023
Sources of Information for This Collection
United States. National Homes For Disabled Volunteer Soldiers, 1866-1938. Record Group 15 Records of the Veterans Administration, NARA publication M1749. Federal Archives and Records Center. Washington D.C.