Difference between revisions of "United States World War I Pension Records"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(created page, moved info from World War I United States Military Records, 1917 to 1918 here)
m (moved WWI Pension Records to United States World War I Pension Records: Making page name less ambiguous.)
(No difference)

Revision as of 07:54, 22 October 2011

United States Gotoarrow.png U.S. Military Gotoarrow.png WWI Gotoarrow.png Pension Records

Pension Records

The Department of Veteran Affairs has benefit claims files. Veteran files are located at the regional office closest to the residence of the veteran at the time of application. Ask the staff at the Veterans Affairs office in your area for help in obtaining copies of papers in the files. The staff can process requests of families of veterans. To find phone numbers and addresses look in the following source: 

  • Johnson, Richard S. How to Locate Anyone Who Is or Has Been in the Military. (7th ed. Ft. Sam Houston, Tex.: Military Information Enterprises, 1996). (Family History Library book 973 M27j 1996.) This book discusses various methods and addresses to locate and contact present and former military members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Reserve components.