From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:30, 14 January 2012 by Tmacentee (Added FGS 2012 and 2013 conferences.)
Annual Genealogy Conferences
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy: Sign up for a week-long course on a specific topic. Visit www.infouga.org for details.
- "Who Do You Think You Are?" 25-27 February 2011. England.
- RootsTech 2-4 February 2012 Visit http://www.rootstech.org/ for details.
- 2012 South Davis Regional Family History Fair, 2 and 3 March 2012, Bountiful, Utah. Visit ugagenealogy.org/aem.php?eid=16 for details.
- FamilySearch Developer's Conference (Primarily for programmers and developers). Visit  for details.
- BYU Computerized Family History and Genealogy Conference. Visit  for details.
- Family History Technology Workshop (Learn about new emerging technology). Visit www.fht.byu.edu for details.
- Ohio Genealogical Society Annual Conference. Visit www.ogs.org for details.
- NGS (National Genealogical Society) Conference is one of the largest genealogy conferences. Visit www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/conference_info for details.
- Samford Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, Birmingham Alabama. Visit www.samford.edu/schools/ighr for details.
- Palatines to Americal National Conference. Location varies. Visit www.palam.org for details.
- BYU Conference on Family History and Genealogy is usually held during the last week of July/first week of August. Visit  for details.
- National Institute on Genealogical Research, held at the National Archives in Washington D.C. and College Park, Maryland, not for beginners. Visit www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~natgenin for details.
- Federation of Genealogical Societies National Conference.
2012 Conference: Birmingham, Alabama, August 29 - September 1, 2012.
2013 Conference: Fort Wayne, Indiana, August 21-23, 2013
Visit FGS Conferences on the FGS website for details.
- International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) Conference. This conference may be held in July or August each year. The 2008 conference will be held in Chicago. Visit www.iajgs.org for details.
- UGA (Utah Genealogical Association) Conference. Visit www.infouga.org for details.
- Federation of Genealogical Societies National Conference. This conference may be held in August or September. Visit www.fgs.org for details.
- Pennsylvania Family History Day in Exton, PA (Chester County) presented by Ancestry.com and the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania. Saturday, 5 November, 8-4. Visit http://pafamilyhistoryday.eventbrite.com for a full schedule, additional details and registration.
- Ancestry Day in San Francisco presented by Ancestry.com and the California Genealogical Society. Saturday, 5 November 2011, 8-4. Visit Ancestry Day event site for details and registration.
- ICAPGen Conference. Typically held at BYU, this is an excellent conference for professional researchers or genealogists pursuing credentials. Visit www.ICAPGen.org for details.