Liv was born in Kristiansund, Norway, and had her first encounter with genealogy at the Trondheim Archive at age 12.
Liv has worked for the Church in Family History for a total of 31 years. At first 5 years in the Evaluation Department, processing Individual entry sheets, and marriage entry sheets for temple work. She worked 11 years in the Cataloging Department, and since November of 1995 as a Scandinavian Research Consultant.
Business College, Norway (1966)
- Swedish, BYU Rexburg, Idaho
- Norwegian, BYU Provo, Utah
Certifed Genealogist CG
- Board of Certified Genealogists, Washington, DC
Taught the following classes:
- Stake Extraction of Norwegian Records 1980's.
- Norwegian, Swedish and Danish Research on the Internet at the Salt Lake Institute (1996).
- Finding them on the Internet:Norwegian Research at the Salt Lake Institute (2001).
- Norwegian Genealogy for the National Genealogical Society (NGS), in Milwauki, Wisconsin (2002).
- Danish Genealogy for the National Genealogical Society (NGS), in Milwauki, Wisconsin (2002).
- Finnish Genealogy for the National Genealogical Society (NGS), in Milwauki, Wisconsin (2002).
- Norweigan Vital Records, Probate Records and Gothic Script at the Idaho Falls Family History Conference in 2007.
- Norwegian Vital Records, Court Records, Probate and Emigration Records in Salem, Oregon 2008.
- The Internet: Norwegian Church & Probate Records for The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, 2008.
- Icelandic Histories& Norwegian Bygdebøker - Use Caution: Lars is NOT That Lars! for The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, 2008.
- Scandinavian Research in Bismark, ND (2008).
- Norwegian Research in Bismark, ND (2008).
- Norwegian Series two times each year at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City, UT (1996 to present).
- Finding John Johnsson in Sweden. Published in the National Genealogical Society Qarterly, March 2007.