Difference between revisions of "User:BellBS"
(add cat for fhl employees)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 17:30, 3 April 2013
Barbara (Bärbel) has been employed by the Family History Library since January 2001. She is accredited and certified in German research with special interests in Schleswig-Holstein, Freistaat Sachsen and Germany at large. She was born and raised in Germany and later immigrated to the United States.
Paralegal, Technical College Kiel, Germany (1964)
- Executive Secretary (1965)
- German and International Studies, Brigham Young University, Utah (BA 1985)
- German Studies and Philosophy, Birmingham University, Birmingham, England (MA 1989)
- Interpreter Certification (1997)
- German Genealogical accreditation from BCG (2009)
- German Genealogical accreditation from ICAPGen (2006)
- Lecturer for ICAPGen (2007)
- Lecturer for Salt Lake Institute (2008)
- Lecturer for 60. Genealogentag (2008)
- Lecturer for FEEHFS (2010)
- Ward Family History Consultant (present)
- Master’s degree thesis (1989)
- German Genealogical Digest, Colonization of Marshes and Heathlands in Jutland and Schleswig 1759-1765, 2004, Vol. 20 No. 2
- German Genealogical Digest, Land Registers of the Lower Courts in the Kingdom of Saxony as a Family History Source, 2004, vol. 20 No. 4
- Research in Schleswig-Holstein. Compilation of reference material at the International Counter of the Family History Library (2004)
- The Court Records of Saxony, Practical Genealogy, (2006)
- Zeitschrift für Mitteldeutsche Familiengeschichte, Ländliche Lebenswelten-Quellen jenseits der Kirchenbücher, Heft 1/2009.
- German Handwriting. An interactive course, available through www.familysearch.org Research Series Classes online (2009)