Jeff Blaylock, AG is a United States and Canada research consultant at the Family History Library (FHL) in Salt Lake City. He is an accredited genealogist for the Midwest states. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2004 from Brigham Young University in Family History – Genealogy. He has worked in the Family History Department since 1992. In March 2003, he transferred from FamilySearch in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to the FHL. His genealogical research experience includes Midwest, Midsouth, and LDS research. He has also performed on-site research in Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, and D.C. His duties at the FHL include teaching genealogical classes to staff and patrons including Midwest records, Beginning Research, and Church records.
- Bachelors: Family History and Genealogy, Brigham Young University, 2004
- Attended NIGR: National Institute of Genealogical Research: July 2008, held at the National Archives, Washington DC.
- Board Member, Utah Genealogocal Association, 2007-2010.
- Accredited Genealogist in Midwestern Region, United States, 2005
Areas of Genealogical Research Experience
- Midwestern Region of the United States - Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Mid-South Region of the United States - Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri
- Beginning Family History
- Church Records
- Family History on the Internet
- Midwest Death Records
- Midwest State Census Records