Difference between revisions of "User:DSGurtler"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= [[Image:.jpg|130x154px]] Deborah Gurtler=
Revision as of 17:08, 25 January 2012
I was born and raised in southern Arizona. My love for genealogy began as a teenager and I’ve been at it ever since. I picked up my Spanish language skills while living with my family in South America. I lived in Chile for 4 ½ years and in Peru for 9 months. I’ve been doing my own family history research for over 30 years. Before working at the Family History Library I worked as a contract researcher for several genealogical research firms as well as for my own clients.
• Brigham Young University, B.A. Family History (2009)
• Internship at the New England Historic Genealogical Society (2007)
• Family History Field Study in the Archives of Spain (2009)
• Genealogist for BYU TV’s “Generations Project”
• Worked with a team of genealogists on the ancestry of Tim McGraw for the NBC program “Who Do You Think You Are”
• Volunteer at Family History Centers in New Mexico and Chile
• Chairman of the Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011
• “FamilySearch.org” taught in Spanish at the Family History Library
• “Registros Diocesanos” Hispanic Research Series, Family History Library, October 2011
• “Is PAF All I Really Need” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011 and at the Utah Valley PAF User’s Group, 2011
• “Ye Olde Handwriting” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2011
• “Hey Grandpa, Tell Me A Story” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2010
• “Como Empezar Mi Historia Familiar” Orem Multi-Stake Family History Fair, 2010
• Hispanic Genealogy
• Spanish Notarial Records
• Southern U. S.
• Portuguese Research
• Spanish – I can speak, read, and write
• Italian, French, Portuguese, and Latin – I can read some of each