User:HardestyPN/Sandbox Births Estimating
Finding U.S. Birth Records Estimating Birth Dates and Places
Estimating Birth Dates and Places
To go back to West Virginia and the date list: Click here.
Where and When was the Person Born?
You first need to be aware of where the family lived and what some of the records were recorded about the family.
- Family Records Many family records have information about the birth. This article will take you through how to gather family records and what type of records are available.
- Census records will give you age and state of birth. Look up the family in all the censuses during there life to learn their ages and find any variation in places.
- Death records may have birth information to help narrow down your search.
What was the Date?
- In America men usually married at about age 25, women at about age 21. This may need to be adjusted slightly for different cultures.
- On average, the first child is born one year after the parent’s marriage.
- Children are usually born about every two years.