Works as a research consultant at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, for FamilySearch, a non-profit holding of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I have presented at conferences: Federation of Genealogical Societies, Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research,National Genealogical Society, Salt Lake Genealogy Institute, ICAPGen, Brigham Young University, Utah Genealogical Association, South Davis Family History Fair, Family History Expos,Riverton FamilySearch Library, Family History Conferences, and the Family History Library.
Future Conferences and Presentations:
8-11 May 2013 National Genealogical Society - Las Vegas, Nevada
June 2014:Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- BS, University of Utah, June 1974, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Accredited Genealogist Midwestern States 2001-present
Accredited Genealogist (AG) is a registered service mark of International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists® (ICAPGen), used under license by accredited associates who meet the genealogical competency standards of ICAPGen.
- I nurture an interest in American Indian and African American records and research
- Contributes to the Utah Afro American Historical and Genealogical Society, Newsletter
- Past Board member of the Utah Genealogical Association, worked with the Pioneer Certificates and First Families of Utah
Current Wiki Projects
- Currently contributing to the United States Colored Troops in the Civil War - Civil War Wiki Project
- Currently contributing to the American Indian Wiki pages
- Contributing of New York, and PennsylvaniaWiki project
- Contributed (2011) to Illinois, Counties: Champaign, DeWitt, Ford, Grundy, Iroquois, Kankakee, Livingston, Logan, Marshall, McLean, Piatt, Tazewell, Vermilion, and Woodford.
Conference Attendance and Presentation
Presenting at The Federation of Genealogical Societies, Workshop:American "Indian Research (Native American)" Aug. 28-Sep 1, 2012
Presented at Institute of Genealogy and Historical research in the Researching African American Ancestors course. June 2012. Samford University, Birmingham, AL
National Institute Genealogical Research 2011, Washington D.C. 2011
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research - "Researching African American Ancestors", Birmingham, Alabama, Samford University, 2012, 2010, and 2008
Presented at the National Genealogical Society, "Follow Your Ancestral Trail", Salt Lake City, Utah 2010
The First International Black Genealogy Summit "Reconnecting Lost Links", Fort Wayne, Indiana 2009
I enjoy reading biographies, motivational books. The Art of Start, and Enchantment, both by Guy Kowasaki.
I have baked and decorated three groom cakes and fourteen wedding cakes, some anniversary, and many birthday cakes, for family and friends.