Five Cell Rectangle Beginners Corner Graphic
Five Cell Rectangle Beginners Graphic Version B
Four Cell Square Beginners Graphic
=== Old Beginners Corner Graphic===
|What do you want to find?|
|Utah Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Utah Death Certificates 1904-1961. These tell birth (some in 1840's!), parents, spouse. (Free)
- Utah Burial Database often gives birthdate. (Free)
- Utah Digital Newspapers Project. Name searchable. (Free)
- Tracing LDS (Mormon) Ancestors. Wiki how-to pages.
Beginner's Corner - I want to find....
- BIRTH INFORMATION: By date 1856-1897 or 1898-present; Or have date, need more specific locality.
- MARRIAGE: Date, Spouse or both.
- DEATH INFORMATION: By date 1856-?, ?-1903, or 1904-present; Or have date, want locality of death and burial.
- A FRIEND TO HELP ME: Utah Facebook Group, Ward Consultant (free), Family History Center (free).
These articles may also help you as you begin researching your Utah ancestors:
- Beginners Guide 1837 to 1901: Finding Records of Your Ancestors England 1837 To 1901 (3 Mb pdf file)
- New: The Family History Library England Beginning Research series of videos is now available online. Click here to access this course.
- Search strategies for finding births, marriages, and deaths.
- England Record Selection Table - a list of the best records to search for finding specific information.
See also English Ancestry in the FamilySearch Learning Center
Click on the link or the map below to go to a county page.
Family History Library · Utah State Archives · Utah State Historical Society · Church History Library · Brigham Young University · Salt Lake City Public Library · University of Utah · National Archives Rocky Mountain Region (Denver) · Allen County Public Library
California Trail · Central Overland Trail · Mormon Trail · Mormon Trail to Southern California · Old Spanish Trail · Central Pacific Railroad · Union Pacific Railroad · Southern Pacific Railroad · Denver and Rio Grande Railroad
Utah Featured Articles
Tracing LDS Ancestors
Veterans Burial Records
Land and Property
SLC Public Library
Emigration and Immigration
The Early Utah Community Trees project merged the following to create families and extended lineages:
- 1850-1880, 1900, and 1920 US Census records for Utah
- Extracted Utah Vital Records (births 1892 to 1941, marriages 1887 to 1966, deaths and burials 1880's to 1956)
- Veterans burials from territorial time to 1966
- The Greeks in the West Community Tree project includes 5000+ Greek men who immigrated to the Western United States between 1900 and 1924 -- many to work in the mines and on the railroads of Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Nevada. This is an on-going project to document the lineage and preserve the heritage of these immigrants and their descendants. It is part of the Western Hellenic Ancestry and Museum and the Ethnic and Mining Museum of Magna. Initial work is focused on the mining communities in Carbon and Salt Lake counties of Utah.
Records in the Historical Record Collections described in Wiki Articles
- Utah Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah County Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah Statewide Death Certificates *Utah Death and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah Davis County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah, Indian War Service Afidavits (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah, Salt Lake County Birth Registers (FamilySearach Historical Records)
- Utah Salt Lake County Death Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah Territorial Case Files of the U.S. District Courts (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Utah Veterans Burial Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)