From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:33, 15 August 2014 by JensenFA
- MPA, Brigham Young University, April 2000
- BA in History, Brigham Young University, April 1992, Phi Kappi Phi and Honor Society
- AA in Genealogy, Brigham Young University, August 1990, academic scholarship
- Deputy Chief Genealogical Officer, FamilySearch 2013-present
- Social Media Manager, FamilySearch.org
- FamilySearch Wiki Development, FamilySearch.org
- Product Manager, FamilySearch.org
- Extraction Supervisor, FamilySearch.org
- User Specialist, FamilySearch.org
- Product Support, FamilySearch.org
- US/Canada Reference Consultant, Family History Library
- Civil War Research Supervisor, Brigham Young University, College of Economics in conjunction with the Center for Population Economics, University of Chicago's "Early Indicators of Later Work Levels, Disease and Death" project under the direction of Robert Fogel.
- International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers
- The Curtis/s Family Society
- George and Rebecca Hartley Family Organization
- The National Genealogical Society
- NEHGS - American Ancestors
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society
- Montana State Genealogical Society
- Crazy Mountain, Sweet Grass, Montana Museum Society
FamilySearch Research Wiki:
- 2012 Ogden Family History Conference
- 2012 BYU Family History Conference
- 2011 Logan Family History Conference
- 2011 BYU Family History Conference
- 2010 Riverton FamilySearch Library
- 2010 British Institute
- 2010 BYU Family History Conference
- 2009 Family History Expos, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2007 Family History Expo, St. George, Utah
FamilySearch Community Tools:
- 2013 RootsTech - FamilySearch Research Communities on Facebook
- 2012 Ogden Family History Conference - FamilySearch Research Communities on Facebook and FamilySearch Research Forums
- 2012 Riverton FamilySearch Library - FamilySearch Research Communities on Facebook
- 2011 RootsTech - Workshop on FamilySearch Community Tools
Publishing New Family Heirlooms:
- 2012 Riverton FamilySearch Library - Reproducing the Antique Family Photo Album
- 2009 Family History Expos: Salt Lake City, Utah - "Heirlooms out of Memories"
- 2009 BYU Family History Conference - "Heirlooms out of Memories"
- 2008 BYU Family History Conference - New Ways to Publish a Personal or Family History
Books and Articles:
- A Dream Fulfilled, (Murray, Utah:Cherish Bound, Inc., 2005, 51 pgs).
- Benjamin Kingman Curtis: History of Service in the Civil War (Civil War Volunteer, Michigan 5th Cavalry, Company B, (Sandy, Utah: self-published, 2000, 23 pgs).
- "Blogging Your Ancestor Can Help in the Search: Benjamin Kingman Curtis," Curtis/s Chronicle: The Newsletter of The Curtis/s Family Society, Vol 32, No 4, Dec 2008, p7).
- George and Rebecca Hartley: A history of their family and their ancestry, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 422 pgs.) This publication includes a family history of George and Rebecca Hartley, their son Andrew and his wife Hannah Wadsworth, and their eight grandchildren. In addition, the ancestry of George and Andrew Hartley, Rebecca Richards, and Hannah Wadsworth, including the collateral relationships of cousins, aunts, and uncles. There are 307 photographs and 119 images of family artifacts included in the history. Restoration work was completed on all images by the author.
- The Curtis Family Album, (Sandy, Utah: MyPublisher.com, 2010, 100 pgs) This is a full reproduction of the Curtis family antique photograph album that originally belonged to Mary Lavantia Curtis 1871-1958, daughter of Benjamin Kingman Curtis and Sarah Lavantia Card.
- Jacie Lee Kemp, our little bundle of joy, (Murray, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2004, 55 pgs).
- Love in the 50's, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2008, 25 pgs).
- Mommy and Me: a photographic history, (Sandy, Utah: MyPublisher.com, 2009, 100 pgs).
- My Sister, Juliane Johansen Raleigh, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2005, 35 pgs).
- Samantha Mitchell: All Star Karate 2001-2005, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 69 pgs).
- Savannah Elaine Jensen: My Blessing Day, (Provo, Utah: Heritage Makers, 21 pgs).
- Steve and Crystal, 16 August 2007, (Sandy, Utah: Mac.com, 2007, 27 pgs).
- Steve and Crystal: Our Engagement Story, (Sandy, Utah: Mac.com, 2008, 100 pgs).
- "The History and the Future of the FamilySearch Research Wiki," Crossroads, (Salt Lake City, Utah: Utah Genealogical Association, March 2010, p. 167-170).
- The Two of Us, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 25 pgs).
- Through the Years: holiday memories, (Murray, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2008, 25 pgs).
- Tina the Turtle and other stories by Logan Ballard, (Provo, Utah:Heritage Makers, 2008, 25 pgs).
- "Benjamin Kingman Curtis: His Civil War Service and His Family," (Sandy, Utah: LuLu.com, 2011)
- Testing the editing in wiki text mode.
My Sandbox Pages
|Online Federal and State Population Schedules of Utah|
|Free||Free at Some Libraries (usually with a library card)*||Pay|
|Internet Archive||Misc.||Heritage Quest||Fold3||Ancestry FHL||Ancestry Library||Ancestry Home||Archives||Family Link|
|1850 (i.e.1851)||indexes||Link||-||-||-||-||Link||Link||Link|| Link
|Family Search||Internet Archive||Misc.||Heritage Quest||Fold3||Ancestry FHL||Ancestry Library||Ancestry Home||Archives||Family Link|
|Free||Free at Some Libraries (usually with a library card)||Pay|
- FamilySearch, a free online service of the Family History Library, including free images of many federal censuses.
- Internet Archive, a free online service includes free images of most of the federal censuses.
- HeritageQuest has arranged with many subscribing public libraries in the United States to allow users free access on home computers by means of their personal library card numbers. HeritageQuest provides images of all surviving 1790 to 1930 federal censuses, and indexes to many but not all of them.
- Fold3, formerly known as Footnote.com, a subscription site partnering with the National Archives and includes some federal censuses. Free access is available at many public libraries.
- Ancestry.com, a subscription site that provides online indexes and images to all surviving federal and many state census records, among other sources. They have three online editions: (1) an FHL edition free only at the Family History Library and a few Family History Centers, (2) a slightly smaller Library edition free only at some public libraries, and (3) a Home edition subscription service for individuals.
- Archives.com, a subscription site that provides online indexes and images to all surviving federal census records, among other sources.
- FamilyLink.com, a subscription site that provides online images (and some indexes) to all surviving federal and many state census records, among other sources.
- The 1870 Federal census of Utah Territory included the population of present-day Utah, the extreme south side of present-day Oneida County, Idaho, and portions of current southeastern Nevada.
- The 1860 federal census of Utah Territory included the population of present-day Utah, portions of the Cache Valley in present-day Idaho, and Green River (Fort Bridger) now in Wyoming.
- The 1856 territorial census of Utah included the former "Malad County" whose boundaries are now partly in Idaho, and the former "Green River County" now part of Wyoming. Caution: this census was padded. Most listings are correct, but some were repeated, and in a few cases deceased people were listed.