From FamilySearch Wiki
I've been working on the development of the Wiki since the beginning of the project. Some of the current assignments I'm working on for the Wiki include:
WikiProject: Category Management
- FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject New Common Taxonomy
- FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Integrating Place Standards Database with FamilySearch Wiki
- Note the two WikiProject pages will be combined into a single WikiProject for Managing Categories
- FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Support/Responsibilities and Projects#Wiki_Categories
Wiki Engineering Backlog
- The backlog is currently not available for review.
WikiProject: Help Content Management
My Sandbox Pages
Other Pages of Interest
- FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions about the Wiki
- FamilySearch Wiki in the news
- FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Feedback
- Building the FamilySearch Wiki:Policies/Noticeboard
- The Technology page
- FamilySearch Community Tools
- Documenting the Featured Article process and history
- FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Support
- FamilySearch Wiki:Policies/Proposed enhancements
- User:JensenFA/Policies and Procedures
- User:JensenFA/Learning Wikicode
- Social Networking Technology Resources for Genealogical Societies
- Networked Blogs' list on Facebook of the top 50 genealogy blogs
- Genealogy Blog Finder
- MPA, Brigham Young University, April 2000
- BA in History, Brigham Young University, April 1992, Phi Kappi Phi and Honor Society
- AA in Genealogy, Brigham Young University, August 1990, academic scholarship
The classes I've taught
- 2011 Logan Family History Conference
- 2011 BYU Family History Conference
- 2011 RootsTech - Workshop on FamilySearch Community Tools
- 2010 Riverton FamilySearch Library - Keys to Success: Using the FamilySearch Wiki in November
- 2010 British Institute - Keys to Success: Using the FamilySearch Wiki
- 2010 BYU Family History Conference - Keys to Success: Using the FamilySearch Wiki in April
- 2009 Family History Expos: Salt Lake City, Utah - "Heirlooms out of Memories"
- 2009 Family History Expos: Salt Lake City, Utah - "FamilySearch Research Wiki"
- 2009 BYU Family History Conference - "Heirlooms out of Memories"
- 2008 BYU Family History Conference - New Ways to Publish a Personal or Family History
- 2007 Family History Expo, St. George, Utah - FamilySearch Research Wiki
The Blogs I created
- Benjamin Kingman Curtis, 2006-present
- Chauncey Walker West, 2008-present
- ask fran, 2008-present
- And several others ...
The associations I belong to
- International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers, 1988-present.
- The Curtis/s Family Society, 1989-present. (The old site is still active)
- The National Genealogical Society, Arlington, Va.
Family histories I've published
- A Dream Fulfilled, (Murray, Utah:Cherish Bound, Inc., 2005, 51 pgs).
- Benjamin Kingman Curtis: History of Service in the Civil War (Civil War Volunteer, Michigan 5th Cavalry, Company B, (Sandy, Utah: self-published, 2000, 23 pgs).
- "Blogging Your Ancestor Can Help in the Search: Benjamin Kingman Curtis," Curtis/s Chronicle: The Newsletter of The Curtis/s Family Society, Vol 32, No 4, Dec 2008, p7).
- George and Rebecca Hartley: A history of their family and their ancestry, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 422 pgs.) This publication includes a family history of George and Rebecca Hartley, their son Andrew and his wife Hannah Wadsworth, and their eight grandchildren. In addition, the ancestry of George and Andrew Hartley, Rebecca Richards, and Hannah Wadsworth, including the collateral relationships of cousins, aunts, and uncles. There are 307 photographs and 119 images of family artifacts included in the history. Restoration work was completed on all images by the author.
- The Curtis Family Album, (Sandy, Utah: MyPublisher.com, 2010, 100 pgs) This is a full reproduction of the Curtis family antique photograph album that originally belonged to Mary Lavantia Curtis 1871-1958, daughter of Benjamin Kingman Curtis and Sarah Lavantia Card.
- Jacie Lee Kemp, our little bundle of joy, (Murray, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2004, 55 pgs).
- Love in the 50's, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2008, 25 pgs).
- Mommy and Me: a photographic history, (Sandy, Utah: MyPublisher.com, 2009, 100 pgs).
- My Sister, Juliane Johansen Raleigh, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2005, 35 pgs).
- Samantha Mitchell: All Star Karate 2001-2005, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 69 pgs).
- Savannah Elaine Jensen: My Blessing Day, (Provo, Utah: Heritage Makers, 21 pgs).
- Steve and Crystal, 16 August 2007, (Sandy, Utah: Mac.com, 2007, 27 pgs).
- Steve and Crystal: Our Engagement Story, (Sandy, Utah: Mac.com, 2008, 100 pgs).
- "The History and the Future of the FamilySearch Research Wiki," Crossroads, (Salt Lake City, Utah: Utah Genealogical Association, March 2010, p. 167-170).
- The Two of Us, (Lehi, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2007, 25 pgs).
- Through the Years: holiday memories, (Murray, Utah: Cherish Bound, Inc., 2008, 25 pgs).
- Tina the Turtle and other stories by Logan Ballard, (Provo, Utah:Heritage Makers, 2008, 25 pgs).