Libraries and Historical Societies
v • d • e
Towns in Coös County in New Hampshire articles
Berlin | Carroll | Clarksville | Colebrook | Columbia | Dalton | Dummer | Errol | Gorham | Jefferson | Lancaster | Milan | Northumberland | Pittsburg | Randolph | Shelburne | Stark | Stewartstown | Stratford | Whitefield
Atkinson and Gilmanton Academy Grant | Bean's Grant | Bean's Purchase | Cambridge | Chandler's Purchase | Crawford's Purchase | Cutt's Grant | Dix's Grant | Dixville | Erving's Location | Green's Grant | Hadley's Purchase | Kilkenny | Low and Burbank's Grant | Martin's Location | Millsfield | Odell | Pinkham's Grant | Sargent's Purchase | Second College Grant | Success | Thompson and Meserve's Purchase | Wentworth's Location
Categories: Coös County, New Hampshire | Towns in New Hampshire
Located in the northernmost area of Coos County, Clarksville was part of the land tract issued to Dartmouth College and known as the Dartmouth College Grant. The land was sold to Joseph Murdock and Benjamin Clark. The town of Clarksville was incorporated in 1853, yet still known as the Dartmouth College Grant as late as 1872.
In the town’s earliest years, the vital records were kept in Stewartstown, Coos, New Hampshire. Records beginning in the 1860s were kept at the town hall. Online vital records can now be found at