User:National Institute sandbox 16B
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Canadian: Land Records Course Part 1 and Part 2 by Sharon L. Murphy, Brenda Dougall Merriman, CG, and Frances Coe, PLCGS. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
- Archives of Ontario,Sources of Family History, Archives of Ontario Research Guide No. 299, updated March 2010.
- Great Britain Colonial Office Order-in-Council and returns respecting sale of lands in Upper Canada, 15 July 1837, Archives of Ontario, No. 244, Imperial Blue Books, Box 7.
- Regehr, Theodore D., “Land Ownership in Upper Canada 1783-1796: a background to the first table of fees,”Paper and Records [Ontario Historical Society], March 1963, vol. LV, no. 1, p. 35-48.
- Tyman, John Langton, By Section, Township and Range: Studies in Prairie Settlement (Brandon, Manitoba: Assiniboine Historical Society, 1972).
- Library and Archives Canada,Tracing your Ancestors in Canada (Ottawa, Ontario: 1997).
- Royick, Alexander,Ukrainian Settlements in Alberta (Edmonton: Douglas College Reference Library, 1972).
- Baxter, Angus, In Search of Your Canadian Roots: Tracing Your Family Tree in Canada, third edition (Toronto: MacMillan of Canada, 1999).
- Colombo, John Robert,Colombo’s Canadian References (Toronto: Oxford University Press, 1976).
- Jonasson, Eric, The Canadian Genealogical Handbook, second edition (Winnipeg: Wheatfield Press, 1978).
- Little, William, Fowler, H.W., Coulson, J., Onions, C.T., The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, third edition (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1992).
- Merriam, G. & C., The Merriam-Webster Dictionary (Simon & Schuster, Inc., 1974).
- Murphy, Sharon L.,Researching Canadian Vital Statistics Records (Toronto: Heritage Productions, 2000).
- Punch, Terrence M. and George F. Sanborn, Jr.,Genealogist’s Handbook for Atlantic Canada Research (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997).
- Gray, James H.,Boomtime: Peopling the Canadian Prairies (Saskatoon, Saskachewan: Western Producer Prairie Books, 1979).
- Keywan, Zonia, Greater than Kings (Montréal: Harvest House, 1977).
- Macoun, John,Manitoba and the Great North West (Guelph, Ontario: World Publishing Company, 1882).
- Gates, Lillian Francis,Land Policies of Upper Canada (Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1968).
- Macaulay, Robert Walter, The Land Dispute in Norwich Township in the London District of Upper Canada 1811-1840 [Research Paper, Archives of Ontario reference 333.109 713 M32].
- MacDonald M.A. PhD., Norman, Canada, 1763-1841,Immigration and Settlement: The Administration of the Imperial Land Regulations (Hamilton, Ontario: McMaster University, 1939).
- Merriman, Brenda Dougall,Genealogy in Ontario: Searching the Records, 4th edition (Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 2008).
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Canadian: Land Records Course Part 1 and Part 2 offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.