Difference between revisions of "User:Nolaneclark/sandbox/iredell"
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
| valign="top" bgcolor="#E0FFFF" |
| valign="top" bgcolor="#E0FFFF" |
[http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSfn=&GSmn=&GSln=&GSbyrel=all&GSby=&GSdyrel=all&GSdy=&GScntry=4&GSst=29&GScnty=1699&GSgrid=&df=all&GSob=n FindAGrave] <br> [http://billiongraves.com/pages/search/index.php#country=United+States&state=North+Carolina&county=Iredell&search_text=&action=search_cemetery Billion Graves] <br> [http://www.linkpendium.com/genealogy/USA/NC/Iredell/ Linkpendium] <br>
[http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSfn=&GSmn=&GSln=&GSbyrel=all&GSby=&GSdyrel=all&GSdy=&GScntry=4&GSst=29&GScnty=1699&GSgrid=&df=all&GSob=n FindAGrave] <br> [http://billiongraves.com/pages/search/index.php#country=United+States&state=North+Carolina&county=Iredell&search_text=&action=search_cemetery Billion Graves] <br> [http://www.linkpendium.com/genealogy/USA/NC/Iredell/ Linkpendium] <br> [http://northcarolina-genealogy.com/Iredell-County-Cemetery-Records.htm N. C. Genealogy]<br> <br>
[http://northcarolina-genealogy.com/Iredell-County-Cemetery-Records.htm N. C. Genealogy]<br> <br>
| valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFca" |
| valign="top" bgcolor="#FFFFca" |
|Line 73:||Line 72:|
| colspan="3" | <center>See [[
| colspan="3" | <center>See [[|Cemeteries]] for details about .</center>
Revision as of 01:29, 22 February 2013
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Cemeteries
- 4.2 Census
- 4.3 Church Records
- 4.4 Court
- 4.5 Directories
- 4.6 Genealogy
- 4.7 Land
- 4.8 Local Histories
- 4.9 Maps
- 4.10 Military
- 4.11 Newspapers
- 4.12 Probate
- 4.13 Taxation
- 4.14 Vital Records
- 5 Societies and Libraries<br>
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Iredell County Courthouse
21 East Water St
P O Box 904 Statesville, NC 28677
(Courthouse Burned in 1854) Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and death, burial and land records. Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1820 and court records from 1788 ref name="HBG">Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Iredell County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
1788--Iredell County was created 3 November 1788 from Rowan County.<br>County seat: Statesville <ref name="Handybook">The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).</ref>
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
in the County
For tips on accessing Nolaneclark/sandbox/iredell census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Grassy Nob. Constituted 1789.<ref>George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 2:565. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.</ref>
- Centre Church, Mount Mourne, N.C. Organized 1765.<ref>"Centre Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.</ref> Originally known as the Osbourne Meeting House and located in Rowan County.
*Fourth Creek Church, Statesville, N.C. Organized about 1750.<ref>"Fourth Creek Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.</ref> Originally located in Rowan County.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
*Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
*Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
- Deeds are maintained by the County Register of Deeds. Online record searchs are available.
- Published abstracts and indexes of deeds can be located through World Cat.
- Some transcriptsion of early deeds are available through Iredell County, NC GenWeb Archives.
- Review catalogholdings in Family History Library regarding land in Iredell County.
- Early Landowners of Iredell County (Very useful map prepared by Mildred Miller in 1988.)
- 1773 Map of Fourth Creek Congregation (One of Iredell County's most important historical documents; shows early settlers living in eleven mile radius near center of present city of Statesville.)
- GIS Maps and Websites (Interactive web pages - can be used to locate and vixualize current property holding.)
- Iredell County Highway Map, 1938 (Can be used to compare historic map with current map or satellite image.)
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -4th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
:-7th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
:-11th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- Iredell County people in NC Newspapers - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
*Iredell County newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county; libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress. If you find a paper of interest on microfilm, you may be able to request it via Interlibrary Loan with your local public library.
*Statesville Record and Landmark - current newspaper of Statesville
*Mooresville Tribune - another current paper
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Nolaneclark/sandbox/iredell Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1790-1965 - Will Books 1 to 19 (1790-1965) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
North Carolina - Birth Index, 1800-2000 - index of births from the North Carolina Archives
North Carolina - Births and Christenings, 1866-1964 - index of births and christenings from acress the state - index only: via FamilySearch (free)
North Carolina, County Marriages, 1762-1979 - search this database of marriages from across the state - images included; via FamilySearch (free)
North Carolina Marriages, 1759-1979 - search the data of marriages from across the state - index only: via FamilySearch (free)
North Carolina Marriages to 1799, a database, available to members. North Carolina Pioneers $
Societies and Libraries<br>
Family History Centers<br>
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers<br>
*Lake Norman North Carolina Family History Center (Mooresville)<br>
*Statesville North Carolina Family History Center
- Iredell County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
*Family History Library Catalog