User group meeting agenda & minutes 21 May 2008
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper, note taker, and facilitator
- Introduction of members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Today's agenda preview
- Where we'll look for initial ideas to cover (feedback page and agenda discussion page)
- Where to propose items for next agenda
Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here]. Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here].
- We need to de-centralize control of user group meeting. We want the users to run the meetings. Staff will continue to support and provide room and equipment as needed. Tell the staff what you need. We are here to help! We are asking for a user to step forward and take the lead in organizing the agenda. Are these meetings valuable? When is the best time to meet? Please give us your thoughts.
- What is the best tool to use? Currently we use Adobe Connect which allows for recording. Is Skype an option?
- Has this been rolled out to FHCs? No. Currently we don't have the hardware to scale to so many users. Hopefully soon.
- What should we be doing to help with user needs?
- Cleanup states (Categories?)
- Add links, cleanup old research outlines, update links to "this section of the outline" (Research outlines)
- Involve genealogical societies in cleanup?
- Each portal has a things you can do box. This needs to be updated! Do we need to change the placement of the box on the portal page? Move it towards the top?
- Have state, country, county coordinators. Could we advertize this need on a portal page? Coordinators should have genealogical experience? Have a way to give feedback on coordinators/moderators so those that are not effective can be evaluated and changed as needed.
- Voluteers for moderators
- Jimmy Parker: Idaho, Indians of North America
- Lisa McBride: Tennessee
- Darris: Wales
- David Samuelson: New York, Oregon, Luxembourg, Germany
- Flyers to hand out at meetings and conferences to advertise wiki
- if you don't know how to do something with the wiki, check out the Get started with this site portal. If you can't find anything, feel free to post it in the wiki feedback forum
- Suggested to have a beginner section in the forums
Darris, Anne Roach, Mollie, James Anderson, Jimmy Parker, Sammy, Jim Greene, Phil Dunn, Fran Jensen, Lisa McBride