- 1 Soliciting your opinion
- 2 Nice Maryland Societies page!
- 3 Washington county cemeteries
- 4 Nice work on Maryland Military Records!
- 5 I'm working to help w/ your trouble
- 6 We need your opinion
- 7 What's your best work? And your favorites from others?
- 8 Where should wikiproject contributors communicate?
Soliciting your opinion
Hey FamilyJournals, will you weigh in on "Local Histories" or "Histories" heading on county pages? I want to reach consensus on this quickly in order to get a big missionary team engaged in FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Linking to Books in the BYU Family History Archives. Thanks in advance! Ritcheymt 13:46, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
Nice Maryland Societies page!
Thank you Michael
FamilyJournals 03:18, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Washington county cemeteries
Found the Washington County cemeteries page on interment.net, just six cemeteries, but they may be ones not on findagrave. http://www.interment.net/us/md/washington.htm JamesAnderson 02:37, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank you James! I had actually already used that interment.net information on the Washington County page. Those cemeteries on that page are from various transcriptions, most are from findagrave but there are a few surprises in there. I appreciate your interest! Thank you.
Familyjournals 03:19, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
Nice work on Maryland Military Records!
I'm working to help w/ your trouble
I've been forwarded some e-mails showing some trouble you've been having from another user stemming from his ideas of what your content should look like. ;) I appreciate your patience with this really rotten situation. I'm studying some policies and procedures Wikipedia has that will prevent this kind of thing in the future. I just wanted you to know I am on the case, but it'll take some time because I'm incredibly stacked up with tasks right now. Ritcheymt 12:19, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
We need your opinion
In order to help the community arrive at consensus on some issues impacting most of the pages on FamilySearch Wiki, I'd like to invite you to add your opinions to the following discussions:
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Format for Citing and Linking to Works in FHLC, Worldcat (OCLC)
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Consensus
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Source Citation Formats
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Disambiguation
Thanks! Ritcheymt 12:13, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
What's your best work? And your favorites from others?
Hey there FamilyJournals! I'm searching for the wiki's best content to highlight it during a presentation I'm doing soon. Will you link me to a couple articles you've contributed to that you are most pleased with? Also, could you link me to your favorite article(s) written by others? Thanks! Ritcheymt 17:06, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Where should wikiproject contributors communicate?
People who work on writing projects on the wiki are asking for an online venue they can use to talk about...
- how to organize projects,
- how and where to recruit contributors
- how to motivate project members
- how to track progress on projects
- Manual of Style issues that we need to settle to avoid rework
- ...and other stuff.
Could you go to the wiki feedback forum and give your opinion as to what tool(s) we should choose to communicate? The thread where we will discuss this is Which tools for wikiproject contributors to communicate? Ritcheymt 16:24, 16 October 2009 (UTC)