- 1 Comment on article "Checklist of compiled sources..."
- 2 Soliciting your opinion
- 3 County Pages for England's counties probably already exist.
- 4 We need your opinion
- 5 What's your best work? And your favorites from others?
- 6 Where should wikiproject contributors communicate?
- 7 Please vote on new name for Reviewer role
- 8 Welcome!
Comment on article "Checklist of compiled sources..."
You added this to the bottom of the England page, under a heading about finding English immigrant ancestry abroad. I like the idea of a link like this. It would be great to put something similar to it on the Ireland page. I'll have to put it on our list of items to prioritize. Anne 17:59, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
Soliciting your opinion
Hey Alan, will you weigh in on "Local Histories" or "Histories" heading on county pages? I want to reach consensus on this quickly in order to get a big missionary team engaged in FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Linking to Books in the BYU Family History Archives. I'm asking for your opinion because you notice issues I overlook. Thanks in advance! Ritcheymt 13:46, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
County Pages for England's counties probably already exist.
The associated county pages for each county may already exist. Take a look at the England portal for links to them. Apparently that may be the reason why the links are red on the England Barn Raising Tasks page, and if the articles do exist, that might save you and your team a bit of time getting things ready. JamesAnderson 00:00, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
We need your opinion
In order to help the community arrive at consensus on some issues impacting most of the pages on FamilySearch Wiki, I'd like to invite you to add your opinions to the following discussions:
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Format for Citing and Linking to Works in FHLC, Worldcat (OCLC)
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Consensus
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Source Citation Formats
- FamilySearch Wiki talk:Disambiguation
Thanks! Ritcheymt 12:13, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
What's your best work? And your favorites from others?
Hey there Alan! I'm searching for the wiki's best content to highlight it during a presentation I'm doing soon. Will you link me to the 2 or 3 articles you've contributed to that you are most pleased with? Also, could you link me to your favorite article(s) written by others? Thanks! Ritcheymt 17:06, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Where should wikiproject contributors communicate?
People who work on writing projects on the wiki are asking for an online venue they can use to talk about...
- how to organize projects,
- how and where to recruit contributors
- how to motivate project members
- how to track progress on projects
- Manual of Style issues that we need to settle to avoid rework
- ...and other stuff.
Could you go to the wiki feedback forum and give your opinion as to what tool(s) we should choose to communicate? The thread where we will discuss this is Which tools for wikiproject contributors to communicate? Ritcheymt 16:24, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Please vote on new name for Reviewer role
The wiki community is voting on a proposed renaming of the Reviewer role so that we can give the role to anyone we trust to upload their own images without review. If you care about the name of this role, please discuss the issue and cast your vote at FamilySearch Wiki talk:Reviewer. Ritcheymt 16:43, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki
- Get started with this site
- Search for Articles
- Help:Edit and Contribute
- Manual of Style
Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your username and the date. If you need help, ask me on my talk page, or place
on your talk page and ask your question there. Again, welcome!
Fran 20:50, 19 November 2009 (UTC)