- 1 Norma I would love to send you some information that I have scanned. I need your email address, Mine is email@example.com https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Indians_of_California This is how I am changing the tribes. Some of them do have pages we have created, if there is not a page on the Wiki I am trying for now to link them to another page about them. I am also adding a little definition on each tribe. This way is so much easier to read, better then the big list.
- 2 Norma, if you could send me your skype name and an email address I can send you so information. I have started to scan Jimmy's Files
- 3 Welcome...
- 4 To all FamilySearch Wiki Contributors: An apology is in order...
Norma, if you could send me your skype name and an email address I can send you so information. I have started to scan Jimmy's Files
Hi Norma, we will be having a meeting on July 10 on the Indian project in Meetingplace room # 4949 at 1:00.
Hope you can make it Jenson1
Norma we are starting up the North American Project Would you like to work on it again
I'd like to know more about it. Who do I talk to?
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. Thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining the Welcoming Committee or Projects Seeking Contributors where you may work with experienced users who will help you feel comfortable. This message is posted on your talk page which is associated with your personal User Page. You may practice editing on the Wiki by creating a User Page about yourself. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
There are a few pages you may find helpful:
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing assistance from experienced contributors in the Social Groups on Forums.FamilySearch.org. We have groups for Newbies to the Wiki, Help for Wiki Contributors and Wiki Tech Power Users. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages using four tildes (~). This will automatically create your username with a timestamp for your comments. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact the Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! CK Whipple 00:00, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
To all FamilySearch Wiki Contributors: An apology is in order...
By way of introduction, my name is Ben Bennett and I’ve recently joined the FamilySearch team as the product manager for the Wiki and Forums. Put simply, my job is to ensure that your experience, as contributors and users of the Wiki and Forums is excellent. To this end, an apology is in order.
As you know, we recently implemented a new user ID/sign in process for the FamilySearch Wiki. As we implemented this new system, I personally heard from many of you. You shared with me problems that were occurring for you as you tried to sign in, edit or do other things that resulted in lost work, lost time and frustration for you, our key contributors and users. Please accept my sincere apology for the poor performance and poor experience associated with the Wiki during the past few weeks. Please also accept my commitment that the FamilySearch team will learn from this experience and do all that we can to prevent situations like this in the future. To this end, I wanted to share with you ...CONTINUE