Welcome to my talk page. Please share your thoughts!
I'm grateful to see that the "What's New" box replaced the "Featured author" box. Since you have the ability to make changes to this page and I don't, I have 2 requests:
- Please note in the "news" box that there is an incomplete announcement about "Guided Practice." I suggest that it either be completed or deleted.
- We were looking at the "Events" box and saw several out-of-date items. We thought that we edited them out, but don't have power to remove them from the Main Page. Please remove these outdated items.
In the guidelines for naming a new article could you add some examples to each of the categories? I'm not certain what is meant is several cases and I suspect that someone whose first language is not English might struggle here?
The guideline on capitalisation is likely to be contentious as this would require renaming the majority of the articles on the wiki! Ironically, even the article Criteria for Writing Good Articles in Wiki would need changing!!! bromaelor 14:02, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Maryland Court Records
Hey there nixiao! Thanks for signing up to revise Maryland Court Records! As the barn raising winds down, I want to get a feel for how each article on the Maryland Barn Raising Tasks is coming along so I can tell where to allocate any help that contributors can give for a last push. Could you either send me a message by editing my User Discussion page or go to the Maryland Barn Raising Tasks page and update the column on the % of "doneness" the article is at now? Ritcheymt 16:25, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Where should wikiproject contributors communicate?
People who work on writing projects on the wiki are asking for an online venue they can use to talk about...
- how to organize projects,
- how and where to recruit contributors
- how to motivate project members
- how to track progress on projects
- Manual of Style issues that we need to settle to avoid rework
- ...and other stuff.
Could you go to the wiki feedback forum and give your opinion as to what tool(s) we should choose to communicate? The thread where we will discuss this is Which tools for wikiproject contributors to communicate? Ritcheymt 16:24, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Please vote on new name for Reviewer role
The wiki community is voting on a proposed renaming of the Reviewer role so that we can give the role to anyone we trust to upload their own images without review. If you care about the name of this role, please discuss the issue and cast your vote at FamilySearch Wiki talk:Reviewer. Ritcheymt 16:47, 2 November 2009 (UTC)