--Utahnancy 03:54, 15 July 2011 (UTC)Moderator Discussion
WikiProject to improve help content
Just wanted to make you aware of a page that was create a while back to help track the improvement of the help content. I found the page linked to one of the basic help page, the overview maybe, and removed the link because the content on this page didn't apply. Anyway the page name is now FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Topics needed by new wiki contributors and you can take it from here. If the page is not needed, so ahead and delete it. If you can use it for something, feel free. --Fran 05:46, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! janellv 02:49, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
Wiki Tour Changes
Janell- I do like what your sandbox shows, help me understand the statement though "reword to take away the idea that you need help from communty members."
Because there is so much in the wiki, as an example when one gets on search and types 'youth' it brings up so much material I don't like to limit the wiki in saying "HOW TO..." because I am afraid searchers will not realize how much is there does that make sense? what about something more encompassing like
- Learning and reaching out doing Family History
I don't think it should be called genealogy but rather family history I think President Packer wants us to be consistent in Family History because it is so much more. what do you feel?
thanks for all you do,
- Dawne, great question - I think you're referring to my comments on the Tour Discussion page? I think that the Tour page as it currently stands is all about "how to get help" rather than what the wiki is about. That gives users the idea that the wiki is so hard, you need help to use it. People shouldn't feel they need help just to use the wiki, though some will. So my thought is that we should mention how to get help, but not make that the central message of the page, if that makes sense?
- Did you get a chance to look at the mock-up here? https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/User:VasquezJL/Sandbox/Help:Tour
- This went on a slightly different angle than my comments did; take a look at that page and see what you think, and feel free to edit! --janellv 23:22, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
User Pages Forum Thread
Thanks Back to you
Janell, thank you for the kind words, and for the 4-tilda trick. You yourself are making amazing contributions for which smiles and thanks are due many times over. My recent input sticks out on the Forum because there is so little traffic there. I only learned of its existence more or less accidentally via a post last fall on the 'getsatisfaction' message board. Kind regards, Jade 18:57, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for your help
--Utahnancy 19:17, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Question about an article
I want to start working in the maintenance and I read about this article https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Talk:Greenwood_County,_South_Carolinad#this_page_is_an_incomplete_duplicate_of_Populated_Places:_Greenwood_county.2C_South_Carolina
are we going to delete it? I agree it just doesn't follow along the path of the other articles in the way it's set up also you mentioned there is already a duplicate article. Please advise me as to what to do. Hey, I found the sites spell check, it's in the wikitext.
Thanks --Utahnancy 03:54, 15 July 2011 (UTC)