Utah Censuses Existing and Lost
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:43, 24 February 2010 by DiltsGD (typo)
|Utah: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufacturers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Lost||Lost||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||Lost||Humboldt & St. Mary's counties missing||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1850 (Apr 1851)||Exist||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Lost||-||-|
|Utah: Existing and Lost State Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules|
|1905||In this year, the State Constitution made provision for a decennial census, but no record was found of any census taken in accordance with the constitutional requirement.|
|1895||Statistical census taken.|
|1851 1 April||Male, female, and total population taken in eight districts of the territory; in an Assembly Journal, 1st annual, 1851-1852. Appears to be statistical.|
Sources and Notes
- Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 39-40 and 47.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 342-48.
- William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), 119.
- Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- An 1850 (actually April 1851) slave schedule for Utah County is found at the end of the population schedules for Utah County.
- Ann S. Lainhart, State Census Records (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992), 106.
- Henry J. Dubester, State Censuses: An Annotated Bibliography of Censuses of Population Taken After the Year 1790 by States and Territories of the United States (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1948), 61.