Val Verde County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Val Verde County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first settlement was in 1808 by a Mexican Priest. The first Anglo-American settlement was established in 1868.
Places / Localities
Del Rio | Juno | Langtry | Loma Alta| Pandale | Pumpville| Sharp
- Westlawn Cemetery, Del Rio BillionGraves
Local histories are available for Val Verde County, Texas Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Texas Local Histories.
Val Verde County 1910 Map from the Val Verde County TXGenWeb site.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site
1890 U.S. Census of Veterans and Widows, Val Verde County Val Verde Co. TXGenWeb site
1920 Census for Army Camp Del Rio Val Verde Co TXGenWeb site
Val Verde Co TX Casualties of World War II Val Verde Co TXGenWeb site
Val Verde Co TX Vietnam War Casualites Val Verde Co TXGenWeb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Val Verde County Historical Commission
P.O. Box 421806
Del Rio, TX 78842-1806
Val Verde County Library
300 Spring St
Del Rio, TX 78840
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Val Verde County, Texas. Page 675 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).