Valle, Aust-Agder, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm at the Family History Library fro Valle prestegjeld (clerical district). Contains priest and sexton records for the parishes Valle (Øvre Setesdal), Bykle and Hylestad. The parsonage burned in 1861. Parish registers from 1714-1928.
Digitized parish registers available online at Digitalarkivet [Digital Archives]
- Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census for Valle is available on microfilm a the Family History Library and include the parishes of Bykle, Valle and Hylestad. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
- Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census for Valle is available on microfilm at the Family History Library, and include the parishes of Bykle and Hylestad. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the name of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- Folketelling 1 Feb 1801, Norge. The 1801 census (b. 33) for Valle clerical district include Valle, Bykle, and Hylestad parishes are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation. A typewritten edition with indexes is available on microfiche. It is called "Mikrokortutgåva av 1801-teljina". Also available in a searchable database at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) of Norway.
- Folketælling 31 December 1865. The 1865 census for Valle clerical district include Valle, Bykle and, Hylestad and is available on microfilm a the Family History Library. This census contains the name of the farm or resident, persons name, status in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, place of birth, age, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. Also available online in a searchable database at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) of Norway; as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø, Norway.
- Folketælling for kongeriget Norge den 31te December 1875. The 1875 census for Valle and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. This 1875 census contains the name of the farm or residence, persons name, sex, position in the family, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous informatiion.
- Folketælling for Norge, 3 Dec 1900. The 1900 census for Valle include the parishes of Valle, Bykle, Hylestad. and is available on microfilm at the Family History Library.
This census contains the name of the farm or resident, name of person, sex, temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, date of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Also available in a searchable database online atDigitalarkivet (Digital Archives); as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø, Norway.
- Folketellingen for Norge den 1te desember 1910: The 1910 census for Valle is available online in a searchable database at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) in Norway; as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø, Norway.
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Name Index in about 1900 were as follows:
46 Aakre 50 Aamli 23 Aareholtet 51 Berge 23 Borkebu 52 Brattetveit 55 Bø nordre 27 Dale 25 Djupedal 32 Espetveit 58 Flaarendstranden 25 Flateland 22 Fotveit 29 Graamandshus 29 Graasteinhagen 21 Hagen 52 Hagen 49 Harstad 40 Haugebirke 33 Haugum 27 Hisdal 34 Hoftuft nordre 38 Holum 30 Hommehaugen 28 Hommelunden 39 Jordet 40 Kjelleberg 43 Kjørvestad 45 Koturteigen 24 Kroen 36 Kvassaaker 54 Kveste 36 Kvæven 21 Listølsteigen 26 Ljosaadalen 22 Lunden 26 Løiland 31 Løiningsheien 52 Midtfjeldene 37 Myrum 22 Neset 58 Neset 47 Nomeland 27 Oddeskar 45 Rike 31 Rota 59 Rota 23 Rygnestad nordre 23 Røene 21 Røiseland 41 Sagneskar 57 Sandnes 52 Stavedalen 48 Steinsland 31 Svalestuen 53 Tveiten 24 Vaatemyr 42 Valle Præstegaard 44 Viken 42 Øen
The place names listed in ...Gards og Ættesoge Valle are:
Akhyl, Auvershage, Bakken, Berg, Bergheim, Bergtun, Bjugshus, Bjørketun, Bjørnehov, Blidli, Bratterud, Brattækre, Brottveit, Bruheim, Bø, Der heim, Der nord, Dreng, Dølevodd, Elvestad, Evretveit, Fagerheim, Fjellberg, Fjellheim, Fjelltun, Flateli, Flattun, Flårenden, Flårendsstrondi, Fossheim, Fredbo, Fredheim, Fredtun, Fristad, Fuglehuk, Fureteig, Gamlebakke, Gangseid, Gardatun, Garden, Granemo, Granlund, Grantun, Grjotgarden, Gullkro, Hagen, Halte - Jørundstuptin, Harstad, Haugebirke, Haugen, Haugli, Hauglund, Haugsjå, Haugtun, Heggjebakken, Heimigard, Heimtun, Høssestøyl, Håbakk, Innistog, Jordet, Kjelleberg, Knutshus, Kveste, Kvivodden, Kyrehagen, Kyrvestad, Kåvehagen, Lian, Lidarende, Lii, Lisle Kjelleberg, Litun, Lund, Lundheim, Mannspann, Midtgarden, Mo, Motun, Munkehaug, Nedundhaug, Neset, Nistog, Nomeland, Nordgarden, Nordheim, Nordibakken, Nordigard, Nordli, Nordstog, Nordtun, Nygarden, Oppigard, Oppistog, Oppsal, Oppundhaug, Plass, Plasset, Prestegarden, Presteli, Reini, Rekaviki, Revehagen, Rike, Rishaug, Rota, Ruslehaugen, Rusto, Ryningan, Røyso, Sagneskar, Sandnes, Seljebakken, Skarpækre, Skarshaug, Skartun, Skeivodden, Skjenøyne, Skogheim, Skogly, Skogvoll, Skumstein, Skrukkenes, Solbakken, Solberg, Solbrekk, Solglytt, Solheim, Solhøgda, Soltun, Steingarden, Steinhagen, Steinsland, Store Kjelleberg, Storøyne, Strandli, Støyla, Svingen, Sygard, Syndre Bø, Systog, Søgarden, Sørheim, Søribakken, Sørtun, Tannestad, Tjørehaug, Tjørgrov, Torshus, Tussehaug, Tveiti, Uri, Utsyn, Viki, Vikvoll, Vikåker, Vodden, Vokhaug, Vreistevodd, Ækra, Øvrevoll, Øyne, Åkre, Åmli, Åsheim
Vestre Råbyggelag judicial district
*1697-1862 Family History Library
Ryningen, Alfred, et al. Valle Kommune III Gards og Ættesoge Valle. Bergen: Reklametrykk Grafisk A.s., 1987.
Ryninge, Alfred, et al. Valle Kommune IV Gards og Ættesoge Valle. Bergen: Reklametrykk Grafisk A.s., 1987.