Van Buren County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Van Buren County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 11, 1833|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Van Buren County Courthouse
Main & Briggs;
Clinton, AR 72031
County Clerk has marriage, court and land records from 1859,
divorce records from 1874 and probate records from 1860
County seat: Clinton 
See an interactive map of Van Buren County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Men from this county served in the 31th Regiment, Arkansas Confederate Infantry, Companies B, D, and F .*
*Bass, Ronald R. History of the Thirty-first Arkansas Confederate Infantry (Conway, Arkansas: Arkansas Research, 1996) p. 12
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Van Buren County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Martin Van Buren," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).