Ventura California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
- 1 Ventura Family history center
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Calendar and Events
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Ventura Family history center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
3501 Loma Vista Road. Ventura, CA. 93003
- Web page: https://sites.google.com/site/vfhlibrary/
- Entrance is on the west side of building, ring doobell if door is locked.
Open Hours: 10 am to 8PM Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10 AM to 5 PM Wednesdays, 10AM to 2PM Saturdays.
Holiday Schedule: Not open on Holidays.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: Genealogy Clases https://sites.google.com/site/vfhlibrary/just-in/genealogyclass
Class Schedule 7-8:30 PM, Thursday evenings
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Catalog of films, fiche, books etc on hand in the center is available on line. See "Links" below.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: 11 new computers, 3 new printers, 6 film readers, 1 Fiche reader, 1 Minolta reader/printer, card reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Ventura County Genealogical Society meets at the Ventura Family History Center 1-4 PM the third Saturday each month. See their website www.venturacogensoc.org
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Ventura FH Center website: http://sites.google.com/site/vfhlibrary Includes catalog of films, books, etc.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers needed and invited for 4 hour shifts on a regular basis each week. Phone Thomas Shilton, Director 805-659-1671