Vermont, United States Genealogy
|Vermont Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
| Welcome to Vermont,|
Green Mountain State
Most unique genealogical features:
Click on the map below to go to a county page. Hover over a county to see its name. To see a larger version of the map, click here.
- Vermont Probate Files, 1791-1919 were added to FamilySearch Record Search. More than 200,000 images are currently available.
- Vermont Land Records, Early to 1900 images are available online at FamilySearch Record Search.
- VTGenWeb Project is a links-repository by topic, and by county.
- Vermont Trails to the Past is a small links-repository mostly to maps.
Did You Know?
- Before 1900 the largest religious groups in Vermont were the Baptist, Congregational, Episcopal, Methodist, and Roman Catholic churches. For a list of churches in Vermont, see John Gordon Melton’s National Directory of Churches, Synagogues and Other Houses of Worship in United States Church Records.
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by: