Victor, Utah was located "ten miles south of Wellington. This small community was initially established in 1885 near a small lake formed from seepage waters. The orginal name was Desert Lake, which was derived from the small lake. By 1920, the settlers were worn out by the unending struggle to survive with insufficient water, so they moved away and Victor became a ghost town." 
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 385.