Victorville California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Resources in the Local Area
- 5 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 12100 Ridgecrest Road (cross street=Bear Valley Road) Victorville, CA
- Serving the high desert location of Victor Valley which houses about 270,000 people.
- Please call ahead to verify that nothing unforseen has interrupted our usual schedule.
- Location on Map
- Tues-Thurs: 9-9
- Friday: 9-
- Sat: 10-2
Holiday Schedule: Closed the second Wed. of each month at 7 P.M. Closed on the 4th of July and open only two days a week during August Open by appointment only during the week of Thanksgiving, and of Christmas and New Years. Please schedule in advance.
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: May 5th Seminar on Family Search Products
Staff Training Meetings the second Wednesday of each month at 7 P.M. at the Center
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We store over 3,000 microfilms on indefinite loan and over 24,000 micro-fiche as well as 1,000 books.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 microfilm readers
- 9 computers
- 3 printers, one that prints color and one that prints copies of microfilm.
Resources in the Local Area
Please visit the Norman F. Feldheym Central Library in San Bernardino for a California collection that is unique in the world.
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteer genealogy consultants have opportunities for training in basic and advanced techniques. Assignments are usually in shifts of 4 hours a week. Come to the center or call to inquire.