Virginia's Williamsburg Light Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:30, 15 November 2010 by Claudiaj64
- Formed in May 1861
- It served at Yorktown with 50 men, and for a time was assigned to the 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery.
- The battery was active from Williamsburg to Sharpsburg, then in October 1862, disbanded.
- Its members were transferred to other Virginia artillery companies.
- Captains John A. Coke and William R. Garrett.
men from James City County