Virginia Beach Genealogical Society
|Virginia Beach Genealogical Society|
|Website||($) www.vbgsva.org/ ($)|
- 1 Benefits
- 2 History of the society
- 3 Society Projects
- 4 Publications
- 5 Newsletters
- 6 Collections
- 7 Events
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
- What are the benefits the society has to offer for those who are not members?
History of the society
The Virginia Beach Genealogical Society was founded in 1983 near the site of the first landing of the Jamestown colonists at Cape Henry. Although some members are primarily interested in local genealogy, most of the Society’s membership, like the city of Virginia Beach itself, is drawn from both civilian and military families who have come here to live. As a result, this is a group with far-flung areas of research interest.
The Virginia Beach Genealogical Society was established for:
- Aiding individuals in genealogical research and compiling family histories.
- Providing lectures and instruction on how best to do genealogical research.
- Promoting an interest in genealogy throughout the community.
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?