Virginia Beach Virginia Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:28, 22 September 2012 by Lembley (removing helper text)
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 4784 Princess Anne Rd, Va Beach, VA 23462
- Use the Edwin Drive facing parking lot and entrance
- Location on Map
- Mon 10 - 1:00
- Tue & Fri: 10 - 2
- Wed 10 - 8:30
- 2nd & 4th Sat: 9 - 12
- April: - Good Friday & Monday
- May: - Memorial Day
- July: - Fourth
- August: - Last Week
- September: First Week
- November - Thanksgiving (Wed - Sat)
- December: -Week of Christmas through January 6
- Closed for Inclement weather - when Virginia Beach City Schools are closed.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. They include, but are not limited to: Ancestry, Fold3, World Vital Records, Heritage Quest and many more.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers
- With high speed internet, microfilm/fische readers and printers. You are welcome to bring your digital camera to make digital recordings of any findings.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering at the FHC, please contact us.