Virginia Beach Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4780 Princess Anne Rd Virginia Beach VA 23462 United States
- Use the Edwin Drive facing parking lot and entrance.
- Tuesday: 7 - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am-8:00pm
- Friday: 11:00am-2:00pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
April Good Friday and Easter Monday: May Memorial Day: July 4th: August Last Week: September First Week: November Thanksgiving (Wed-Sat): December Week of Christmas through January 4th: Closed for Inclement weather: When Virginia Beach City Schools are closed for weather
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. They include, but are not limited to: Ancestry, Fold3, World Vital Records, Heritage Quest and many more.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computers
- With high speed internet and microfilm/fiche readers. You are welcome to bring your digital camera to make digital recordings of any findings.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
If you are interested in volunteering at the FHC, please contact us.