Waldo County, Maine Genealogy
Guide to Waldo County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Waldo County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||February 7, 1827|
|Address|| Waldo County Courthouse|
73 Church Street
Belfast, ME 04915-1705
Waldo County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has marriage records 1828-1887, divorce and court records from 1828.
City or Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Places / Localities
Village • East Thorndike
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Waldo County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Waldo County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Waldo County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Waldo County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Waldo County, Maine page 305, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Before an extinct town was discontinued, it created official town records of interest to genealogists. For preservation these records were usually turned over to a nearby functioning town in the same county.
- Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 117. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.