From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 14:41, 21 December 2010 by WilliamsDa (added 2010 & 2011)
- Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2011 will be at Olympia, London 25-27 February 2011. Two experts on Welsh family history will be speaking during the event. Beryl Evans will present on "Probate Records at the National Library of Wales" and Geoff Riggs will present "Family History Research in Wales".
- 7 Feb 2009: London Welsh Family History Society "AGM & Members' Interests" at the LDS London Family History Centre, South Kensington, London, England.
- 21 February 2009 DNA and Welsh Family History Past, Present and Future by Mr. Brian Swann in connection with the Dyfed Family History Society Annual General Meeting. Brian will talk about his research on the Picton families of Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire and the Williams and Griffith/Griffin families of Wales. The event will be at: The Carmarthen Area Library, St. Peters Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1LN. The Annual General Meeting 10:00 and Mr. Brian Swann 11:15.
- June 2009: Wales at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, on the National Mall, Washington D.C. Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2009
- 1-8 Aug 2009: National Eisteddfod in Bala, Wales
- 28-31 Aug 2008: Welsh National Gymanfa Ganu in Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 1 Oct 2008: Hidden History: The archaeology and history of mid Wales from the air - Dr. Toby Driver FSA at the National Library of Wales Aberystwyth
- 11 Oct 2008: Wales Research Series in Salt Lake City
- 26 Oct 2008: British Isles Family History Society - USA General Meeting Topic- Patronymics: Blessing or Curse? Using Welsh Patronymics to trace ancestry to the 16th century and beyond, by George P. Coulter at Los Angeles
- 27 Oct-9 Nov 2008: Dylan Thomas Festival in Swansea, Wales
- 1 Nov 2008: Festival of Welsh Documentary Photography The National Library of Wales Aberystwyth Saturday, 1 November 2008 10:30 - 16:00
- 19 Nov 2008: A Society for the relief of Emigrants": The Welsh Society of Philadelphia and Welsh emigration to Pennsylvania 1798 - 1850 a lecture at The British Academy in London
- 3 Dec 2008: Putting Welsh Journals online: challenges and opportunities by Martin Locock at the National Library of Wales Aberystwyth