Walker County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Walker County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 26, 1823|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Walker County Courthouse
1801 3rd Avenue
Jasper, AL 35501
Phone: (205) 384-7268
Records burned 1877
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records 
1865, 1877, 1896, and 1932 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
LDS Cemetery Records
US Vol. 24 page 1 - Popular Springs Cemetery
For tips on accessing Walker County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Jasper Alabama
- 1612 18th Ave
Jasper, Walker, Alabama, United States
Hours: T 5pm-9pm; Th 10am-2pm
- 1612 18th Ave
- The Walker County AL GenWeb Project, a member of The ALGenWeb Project, an affiliated of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Walker County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Walker County p. 40. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).