Walker County, Alabama Genealogy
|Walker County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 26, 1823|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1865, 1877, 1896, and 1932 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
LDS Cemetery Records
US Vol. 24 page 1 - Popular Springs Cemetery
For tips on accessing Walker County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- The Walker County AL GenWeb Project, a member of The ALGenWeb Project, an affiliated of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Walker County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).