Walker County, Texas Genealogy
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Adopted by TXGenWeb Walker County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The county was under martial law for a time in 1871 because of the resistance to Reconstruction.
Places / Localities
TheWalker County Historical Society published cemetery records, volumes 1,2, and 3. Volumes 1 and 2 are available online at the historical society website.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Walker County Genealogical Society Includes cemetery database, Walker County history books, historical pictures and Bible records.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).